De-Stress Your Holidays with Jane’s Brew CBD Relief Cinnamon Milk
December 21, 2016
By Tamara Meringolo, Master Herbalist & Holistic Health Practitioner
Welcome winter, the cold season and the holiday hustle and bustle!
Cannabidiol (aka CBD) found in Cannabis is anxiolytic by nature (which means anti-panic and anxiety relieving). CBD’s are calming and relaxing, making it a great home remedy to help de-stress yourself during the hectic holiday season. Jane’s Brew CBD Relief combined in a non-caffeinated hot drink such as spiced cider, herbal tea, cocoa or delicious cinnamon milk (see below), is a great way to inhibit anxiety and sooth the spirit.
Cinnamon milk as a warming digestive tonic offering health benefits:
- Cinnamon is a warming herb – warming you up on the inside, increasing circulation, and promoting blood flow to cold hands and feet.
- Cinnamon is a digestive tonic herb, helping to relieve indigestion and cramping.
- Cinnamon is anti-microbial to help prevent colds and flus.
- The tryptophan in warm milk is a long-time traditional remedy to promote rest and prevent insomnia.
All together you will find these ingredients combine to make a favorite cold weather, tasty treat. Cinnamon milk takes only a few minutes to prepare and it’s easy to make.
Cinnamon Milk Recipe:
- Cinnamon Sticks, use one stick per cup of milk
- Milk (coconut milk, cashew or almond milk can be used as an alternative)
- Honey to taste (always optional, but super yummy)
- One Jane’s Brew CBD Relief 2:1 CBD to THC packet per cup of prepared cinnamon milk
Gently warm milk on stove top until almost boiling.
Pour cinnamon milk into cup(s) and add honey to taste (suggest 1 teaspoon per serving).